On March 27, hundreds of East Bay hotel, restaurant and stadium workers – and allies from the community – took it to the streets of downtown Oakland! Workers called for fair contracts, a higher minimum wage and good jobs that pay what their families need ... Read more...
Due to encouraging progress in settlement talks, UNITE HERE Local 2850′s Unfair Labor Practice strike at the Oakland Airport is being postponed. There is no strike tomorrow. There will be a picket and holiday-themed action at Terminal 2 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
THIS SATURDAY (December 21)! PICKET LINE 4 AM – 6 PM MOBILIZATIONS AT 7 AM, 12 NOON, 5 PM OAKLAND AIRPORT TERMINAL 2 THIS CHRISTMAS, LOW-WAGE WORKERS ARE STANDING UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS! 200 Oakland Airport fast food and retail workers will walk off the ... Read more...
THANKSGIVING DAY OF ACTION at the OAKLAND AIRPORT! Wednesday, November 27 Leafleting ALL DAY: 6 am – 7 pm Mobilizations at 7 am, noon, and 5 pm OAKLAND AIRPORT FOOD AND RETAIL WORKERS ARE STANDING UP FOR THEIR JOBS, THEIR RIGHTS AND THEIR FAMILIES! ON ... Read more...
Mercury News, 11/14/13 – Food and retail workers at the Oakland International Airport said Thursday that they plan to strike at some point during the holiday season to protest what they say are unfair labor practices, including low wages. Sarah Norr, a spokeswomman for Unite ... Read more...
- Truthout: In Oakland, Airport Workers Cite Unfair Practices
- Non-Union Airport Workers to STRIKE!
- CSU-East Bay Workers Join 2850!!
- Castlewood Victory Party!!!
- Thanksgiving March and Hayride to Castlewood
- Locked-Out Castlewood Workers Protest
- Candlelight Procession at Castlewood
- Holiday Inn Concord: New Name, Same Grinch Tactics
- Castlewood Country Club: Open Your Doors!
- Concord hotel workers keep protesting health care costs, imposed 21 months ago
- Castlewood Workers to March on Anniversary of Lockout
- San Jose Mercury News: Two dozen arrested in labor demonstration at Pleasanton’s Castlewood Country Club
- SF Chronicle: San Pablo Casino workers irked over no raises
- Notice to Employees and Members
- Pleasanton Weekly: Castlewood’s locked out union workers march in downtown Pleasanton
- UNITE HERE Local 2850 – Disability Policy
- 2/25/12: 2 Years in the Streets – Fighting for the 99%!
- Mercury News: Occupy Oakland forces to join labor protest march to Castlewood Country Club on Saturday
- KTVU: Occupy protesters join former country club employees in protest over 2-year labor dispute
- Mother Jones: At Country Club, a Rally to “Save the 1 Percent”
- East Bay Express: Castlewood Lawyer Doctored Evidence?
- 7/6/12: We Fly for Justice at OAK!
- Fri, 8/3: Join fired OAK workers on the picket line!
- East Bay Express: Workers Allege Violations at Oakland Airport
- In These Times: Workers Try to Organize Airport Subway, Get Fired
- KPFA: Fired Oakland Airport Workers Speak Out
- Sign the Boycott Pledge!
- 8/31: Labor Day Airport Action + Boycott Launch!
- LOCKOUT FOUND ILLEGAL! Action Wedneday 5 pm!
- Tri-Valley Times: Labor board sides with Castlewood workers
- Daily Kos: Still No Health Care. Still No Job. But 907 Days Later, One Vindicating Court Decision.
- San Ramon Express: NLRB law judge finds Castlewood club wrong in locking out workers
- Bay Guardian: Country Club workers plan picket after step towards victory
- BIG NEWS from Castlewood!
- 12/20: Holiday Picket at Castlewood
- Oakland Airport Workers Ready to Strike!
- Merry Christmas: Airport Strike on Hold
- 1/25: Rally INSIDE OAK Airport
- VICTORY FOR CASTLEWOOD WORKERS!!!!
- 3/15: Rally for Justice at OAK!
4/07/14 •The Town Hella Needs a Raise!!
12/19/13 •Airport Workers’ ULP STRIKE THIS SATURDAY!
11/20/13 •11/27: ALL DAY at the Oakland Airport!
3/08/13 •3/15: Rally for Justice at OAK!
1/22/13 •1/25: Rally INSIDE OAK Airport