Oakland Airport worker Re Bun Ly appears in a TV spot for Measure FF, speaking up for a livable minimum wage for Oakland!
After a two-year struggle, nearly 200 restaurant workers at the Oakland Airport are celebrating their new union contract – which provides for raises, affordable family health care, and job security. The workers struck in August 2013 to protest unfair labor practices by their employer, Host […]
Employees with the Graton Resort & Casino have voted to unionize, a move that adds the Rohnert Park tribal gaming destination to the widening trend of union representation of casino workers nationwide. The vote by Graton casino employees sets in motion collective bargaining for a […]
Larry Smith gave a cheer as he signed his union card Tuesday in a conference room at the Graton Resort and Casino. Smith, who has worked as a porter in the maintenance department since the casino opened just outside of Rohnert Park in November, said […]
On March 27, hundreds of East Bay hotel, restaurant and stadium workers – and allies from the community – took it to the streets of downtown Oakland! Workers called for fair contracts, a higher minimum wage and good jobs that pay what their families need […]
- Airport Strike Postponed! Action 12/21 11:30-1:30!
- Airport Workers’ ULP STRIKE THIS SATURDAY!
- 11/27: ALL DAY at the Oakland Airport!
- Oakland Airport Food and Retail Workers Plan Strike During Holidays
- Truthout: In Oakland, Airport Workers Cite Unfair Practices
- Non-Union Airport Workers to STRIKE!
- CSU-East Bay Workers Join 2850!!
- Castlewood Victory Party!!!
- VICTORY FOR CASTLEWOOD WORKERS!!!!
- 1/25: Rally INSIDE OAK Airport
- Merry Christmas: Airport Strike on Hold
- Oakland Airport Workers Ready to Strike!
- 12/20: Holiday Picket at Castlewood
- BIG NEWS from Castlewood!
- Bay Guardian: Country Club workers plan picket after step towards victory
- San Ramon Express: NLRB law judge finds Castlewood club wrong in locking out workers
- Daily Kos: Still No Health Care. Still No Job. But 907 Days Later, One Vindicating Court Decision.
- Tri-Valley Times: Labor board sides with Castlewood workers
- LOCKOUT FOUND ILLEGAL! Action Wedneday 5 pm!
- 8/31: Labor Day Airport Action + Boycott Launch!
- Sign the Boycott Pledge!
- In These Times: Workers Try to Organize Airport Subway, Get Fired
- KPFA: Fired Oakland Airport Workers Speak Out
- East Bay Express: Workers Allege Violations at Oakland Airport
- Fri, 8/3: Join fired OAK workers on the picket line!
- 7/6/12: We Fly for Justice at OAK!
- East Bay Express: Castlewood Lawyer Doctored Evidence?
- Mother Jones: At Country Club, a Rally to “Save the 1 Percent”
- KTVU: Occupy protesters join former country club employees in protest over 2-year labor dispute
- Mercury News: Occupy Oakland forces to join labor protest march to Castlewood Country Club on Saturday
- 2/25/12: 2 Years in the Streets – Fighting for the 99%!
- UNITE HERE Local 2850 – Disability Policy
- Pleasanton Weekly: Castlewood’s locked out union workers march in downtown Pleasanton
- Notice to Employees and Members
- SF Chronicle: San Pablo Casino workers irked over no raises
- San Jose Mercury News: Two dozen arrested in labor demonstration at Pleasanton’s Castlewood Country Club
- Castlewood Workers to March on Anniversary of Lockout
- Concord hotel workers keep protesting health care costs, imposed 21 months ago
- Castlewood Country Club: Open Your Doors!
- Holiday Inn Concord: New Name, Same Grinch Tactics
- Candlelight Procession at Castlewood
- Locked-Out Castlewood Workers Protest
- Thanksgiving March and Hayride to Castlewood
- Important Announcement for Oakland Marriott Workers
4/07/14 •The Town Hella Needs a Raise!!
12/19/13 •Airport Workers’ ULP STRIKE THIS SATURDAY!
11/20/13 •11/27: ALL DAY at the Oakland Airport!
3/08/13 •3/15: Rally for Justice at OAK!
1/22/13 •1/25: Rally INSIDE OAK Airport
4/27/15 •Important Announcement for Oakland Marriott Workers
10/30/14 •Airport worker speaks up for minimum wage increase
10/02/14 •Oakland Airport Restaurant Workers Declare Victory!
7/23/14 •Press-Democrat: Graton casino workers vote to join union
7/23/14 •Press-Democrat: Graton casino workers voting on union