THANKSGIVING DAY OF ACTION at the OAKLAND AIRPORT! Wednesday, November 27 Leafleting ALL DAY: 6 am – 7 pm Mobilizations at 7 am, noon, and 5 pm OAKLAND AIRPORT FOOD AND RETAIL WORKERS ARE STANDING UP FOR THEIR JOBS, THEIR RIGHTS AND THEIR FAMILIES! ON ... Read more...
Mercury News, 11/14/13 – Food and retail workers at the Oakland International Airport said Thursday that they plan to strike at some point during the holiday season to protest what they say are unfair labor practices, including low wages. Sarah Norr, a spokeswomman for Unite ... Read more...
Hayat Selmani showed up at the Oakland Airport at 7 AM Sunday. But she didn’t have on her uniform from the Subway sandwich concession. She wore street clothes. And instead of going to work, she picked up a sign and went on strike. During the ... Read more...
Strike Build-Up Actions at Oakland Airport Terminal 2: Friday, 7/5: 11:30 am -1:30 pm. Sunday, 7/14: 7 am, noon, 5 pm. It’s going to be a hot summer: as East Bay public workers struggle for justice on the job, non-union workers at Oakland Airport fast ... Read more...
Dining workers at California State University, East Bay are now members of UNITE HERE Local 2850! After an exciting spring of organizing, speaking out and building campus support, the workers won union recognition on June 16th. “I can’t hide the excitement – I feel like ... Read more...
- Castlewood Victory Party!!!
- VICTORY FOR CASTLEWOOD WORKERS!!!!
- 1/25: Rally INSIDE OAK Airport
- Merry Christmas: Airport Strike on Hold
- Thanksgiving March and Hayride to Castlewood
- Locked-Out Castlewood Workers Protest
- Candlelight Procession at Castlewood
- Holiday Inn Concord: New Name, Same Grinch Tactics
- Castlewood Country Club: Open Your Doors!
- Concord hotel workers keep protesting health care costs, imposed 21 months ago
- Castlewood Workers to March on Anniversary of Lockout
- San Jose Mercury News: Two dozen arrested in labor demonstration at Pleasanton’s Castlewood Country Club
- SF Chronicle: San Pablo Casino workers irked over no raises
- Notice to Employees and Members
- Pleasanton Weekly: Castlewood’s locked out union workers march in downtown Pleasanton
- UNITE HERE Local 2850 – Disability Policy
- 2/25/12: 2 Years in the Streets – Fighting for the 99%!
- Mercury News: Occupy Oakland forces to join labor protest march to Castlewood Country Club on Saturday
- KTVU: Occupy protesters join former country club employees in protest over 2-year labor dispute
- Mother Jones: At Country Club, a Rally to “Save the 1 Percent”
- East Bay Express: Castlewood Lawyer Doctored Evidence?
- 7/6/12: We Fly for Justice at OAK!
- Fri, 8/3: Join fired OAK workers on the picket line!
- East Bay Express: Workers Allege Violations at Oakland Airport
- In These Times: Workers Try to Organize Airport Subway, Get Fired
- KPFA: Fired Oakland Airport Workers Speak Out
- Sign the Boycott Pledge!
- 8/31: Labor Day Airport Action + Boycott Launch!
- LOCKOUT FOUND ILLEGAL! Action Wedneday 5 pm!
- Tri-Valley Times: Labor board sides with Castlewood workers
- Daily Kos: Still No Health Care. Still No Job. But 907 Days Later, One Vindicating Court Decision.
- San Ramon Express: NLRB law judge finds Castlewood club wrong in locking out workers
- Bay Guardian: Country Club workers plan picket after step towards victory
- BIG NEWS from Castlewood!
- 12/20: Holiday Picket at Castlewood
- Oakland Airport Workers Ready to Strike!
- 3/15: Rally for Justice at OAK!
11/20/13 •11/27: ALL DAY at the Oakland Airport!
3/08/13 •3/15: Rally for Justice at OAK!
1/22/13 •1/25: Rally INSIDE OAK Airport
12/17/12 •Oakland Airport Workers Ready to Strike!
12/04/12 •Rally this Thursday at Port of Oakland!