Casino Workers Speak Out at San Pablo City Council
Monday, October 1st, 6PM
13831 San Pablo Avenue • San Pablo, CA 94806
On August 29, 2012, the General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) issued a Complaint charging that Casino San Pablo has engaged in numerous unfair labor practices under Federal law. The complaint charges that the casino has interfered with, restrained, and coerced employees in the exercise of their Federally-protected rights under the National Labor Relations Act (“NLRA”).
A sample of the additional allegations included in the complaint by the NLRB General Counsel include that the casino has:
– unlawfully interrogated an employee;
– called the police on union representatives who were lawfully on casino property;
– failed and refused to provide the union with required information;
– maintained unlawful work rules;
– unlawfully failed to provide health benefits to a number of eligible employees;
This NLRB complaint comes as the casino continues to generate higher and higher revenues while workers wages have stagnated. In fiscal year 2010-2011, the casino had Gross Gaming Revenues of $181 million, while in 2010 the average wage for UNITE HERE Local 2850 members at the casino was only $9.50 an hour.
Join casino workers as they speak out for justice!
And be sure to check out our website for updates on the campaign: www.sharesanpablo.org